Sunday, January 31, 2010

25 weeks, 1 day: Surviving night float

This is Kristin. I am currently working nights for four weeks. I've so far completed three out of four weeks. My schedule is usually this: I arrive at work at 6pm Sunday night through Thursday night. I usually get off at 8am, except on Friday mornings when I have to stay till noon. As you can imagine, it's a strain! By the time I get home in the mornings, I usually only have 8 hours until I need to get up again. My life right now consists of working and sleeping, ugh. I just hope that the baby isn't learning that it's okay to stay up all night! We don't want her developing those bad habits.

I'm feeling her move all the time now. Usually she's kicking my bladder, so I can tell that she's currently breech. Plenty of time to turn around yet! I looked at her the other night with the ultrasound and she was sucking on her thumb. It was the cutest thing!

As Eric said before, we have the basics done in her nursery. We just have to add a rocker/glider and other decor. We will add some pictures of the progress thus far. We are also constantly thinking about names and have yet to come to any decisions. It is a difficult job!

No comments: